This document provides active links to short informational and step-by-step videos illustrating modeling approach in ElectroFlo software package..|
1. ElectroFlo EnvironmentThis video presents an overview of ElectroFlo software package. It shows the software initial screen, main menu, display controls, selection controls and graphics windows. It also shows how to zoom, rotate and select entities using the mouse.
2. ElectroFlo Main Menu StructureA brief look at the most common menu items in ElectroFlo software. The video presents an overview for each menu pick and its functionality.
3. ElectroFlo Mesh IntroductionA discussion of mesh global parameters and what they mean. Detailed review of mesh local parameters and how to set these using an example involving a small component with very internal details placed on a PCB and a heat sink.
4. Natural Convection with Heated Side-wallsStep-by-step instruction for creating a simple enclosure, apply boundary conditions, mesh, perform the simulation and view results using the "plane-Plot" option.
5. ElectroFlo's Thermal/Electrical CouplingThis video provides an in-depth discussion of ElectroFlos differentiating feature, Coupled Electrical/Thermal/CFD analysis approach. It also illustrates the use of nodes and element links for efficient modeling; combining the finite volume method for conjugate CFD/thermal analysis with a general R/C network solver to provide a complete thermal modeling platform.
6. Trace Heating with 3D Natural ConvectionThis video shows the user the coupled Thermal/Electrical/CFD feature of ElectroFlo for automatic calculation of Joulain heat dissipation in electrical conductors due to electrical current flow. The video demonstrates how to create the trace geometry, define the material properties, apply the electrical BCs, extend the computational domain, check the model and run the simulation.
7. Transient Analysis of a Bus-barStep-by-step instructions for creating a bus-bar model from a step-file and performing a transient coupled electrical/thermal analysis using ElectroFlo software.
8. ElectroFlo Model of a Simple Enclosure with a Heated ComponentA step-by-step video for creating an enclosure with internal solid, applying temperature and heated volume boundary conditions, creating a user-defined material and running. Then the same model is rerun with included thermal radiation effects.
9. ElectroFlo Model of Circuit Board Attached to a Heat Sink (Part 1 of 4)Basic training for ElectroFlo. This tutorial explains model parameters, basics of geometry import and managing geometry and mesh in ElectroFlo.
10. ElectroFlo Model of Circuit Board Attached to a Heat Sink (Part 2 of 4)Apply PCB details, set material properties, contact resistance application, boundary conditions, extend analysis domain.
11. ElectroFlo Model of Circuit Board Attached to a Heat Sink (Part 3 of 4)Perform model Check, set parameters, run and view results.
12. ElectroFlo Model of Circuit Board Attached to a Heat Sink (Part 4 of 4)Add a fan and rerun.
13. Post-Processing in ElectroFloDetailed presentation on various methods and tools for results post-processing.